Sunday, August 14, 2011

Shopping with Amanda, August 1

Albertsons:
$11.34 Spent, $22.77 Saved
It was a disappointing week at Albertsons (and it was even a double coupon week!). There were not very many good deals so I just picked up a couple things. I got the Bayer for $0.99 each after a $2 manufacturers coupon. I used double coupons on the Philadelphia cooking cream to get those for  $1.49 each and I used the double coupons on the Sabra Hummus to get that for $1.99.

 Fred Meyer:
$23.66 Spent, $4.27 Saved (coupon savings ONLY)
 It really drives me nuts that Fred Meyer doesn't list the savings you get by using their store card! Take for example the Tillamook sliced cheese. They were on sale for $3 each and they are normally over $4. I used a $1 off coupon on each so I got them for $2 each which is not a bad price. The Hamburger Helper was on sale for 4/$5 or $1.25 each. I used a $0.80/3 coupon and then I received a $2 catalina making them $0.55 after savings.

Rite Aid:
$8.75 Spent, $60.18 Saved
 It took a little hunting in the store but I managed to get all the items on my list with the exception of a toothbrush. The Crest mouthwash was on sale for $5 each and if you bought 4 you could send for a $10 single check rebate (making each one $2.50 after scr) and I had a $2 off coupon for each so each mouthwash is $0.50 after rebate and coupon! The Gillette Fushion Proglide razor was on sale for $9.99 and it had a $5 +up, plus I had a $4 off coupon making the razor (plus bonus skincare!) $0.99! Everything else was part of a spend $30, get $10 +up promotion.

Safeway:
$42.77 Spent, $46.40 Saved
 They had a beverage event going on that if you got 10 you saved so I got all the drinks for $0.49 each. I got the pasta for $0.45 a box and the BBQ sauce for $0.88 each (my favorite kind! KC Masterpiece). I got a bunch of Sunripe fruit leather products for between $0.17 - $0.33 each after BOGO coupons. Grapes were $1.25/lb and peaches were $0.99/lb. The bell peppers were $1.25 each.

Target:
$3.42 Spent, $5.29 Saved.
 Mini trip to Target. I printed the wrong list so I didn't get as much as I had planned. I got two $1 file folders for my Mom. The Jif to go was free because I had a freebie coupon. The J&J first aid kits were $0.22 each after coupons.

Walgreens:
$19.43 Spent, $56.80 Saved
 I actually ran out on Sunday evening after Chris got home so I could score the toilet paper deal. I was amazed that they actually had any left. The toilet paper was on sale for $5 per 12 pack and there was a Walgreens coupon for $1 off and I had coupons for $0.75/1 and $0.50/1. PLUS it printed a $3.50 register reward. So in total I paid $6.75 for both packs and got back $3.50. So that means each package cost $1.60! I got the Kotex and the Coffee-Mate for $0.50 each. The toothbrushes were free after register rewards and coupons.

Super Walmart:
30.92 Spent, $36.60 Saved (coupon savings ONLY)
My Mom and I did a late night trip up to the Super Walmart in Marysville for fun to see what kind of deals we could get. I was surprised how many good deals I walked out with. Walmart is weird because some things were overpriced and some were a lot cheaper than grocery stores. I guess that's how they keep the balance (bread for example was really expensive!). I snagged each of the Tropicana and Minute Maid juices for $1 each, no coupons! I got both things of Bengay free after coupons. The special Mariners edition razor I got for $2 after coupon. The mini Hawaiian bread sub rolls were $0.50, the floss was free, the travel sized bandaids were $0.22 each, the Sargento cheese was $1.24, the ketchup was $0.08, the Dial lotion was free, the organic tomato paste was free, the Herbal Essences and Pantene shampoos were free, Lunchables were $1.25 each, peaches were $0.88/lb. Anyway, lots of good deals to be had if you know your prices and keep your coupons with you while you shop. I will definitely be doing this again because it was very fun!

So all in all I spent $140.29 and I saved $234.31! So I got $374.60 worth of product for $140.29!

No comments:

Post a Comment