Saturday, June 25, 2011

My Dream Stockpile Items

Since I am new to couponing my stockpile is small and my coupon supply is lacking in some areas. I often dream about the things I can't wait to find a good deal on and stock up! Here are some items I can't wait to stock up on.
  • Laundry detergent! I love love love yummy smelling laundry. Hope I can find some good Gain, All and Tide coupons.
  • Fabric softener. Not only does it smell great but the smell helps keep the pests away from your stockpile!
  • Diapers. I don't have any babies right now but I will and I want to be prepared. Diapers are expensive!
  • Canned items for cooking with - condensed soups, condensed milk, beans, vegetables, pumpkin, etc. They last for a long time and nice to have on hand!
  • Female razors, deodorant, shampoo and body wash. So far I have been finding awesome deals on stuff for men but not yet for me!
  • Batteries. We go through a lot of batteries in this house.
  • Dish soap
  • Sponges
  • Baby body care - baby wash, lotion, powder, wipes, destin, etc.
  • Intensive care lotion. Part of couponing is not being brand loyal but with my skin I can't use just any old lotion. You know if I find a good deal on intensive care lotion I will be stocking up!
  • Allergy medicine. I just bought my first box for the stockpile this week and I can't wait to add more!
  • Meat. Meat is soo soo expensive and you don't often find coupons for it. Someday when I have a deep freezer I will be stocking up!
  • Frozen vegetables/fruit. Just as healthy as fresh and last much longer.
  • Dried fruit. A healthy snack and great for baking.
  • Herbs and seasonings. 
  • Condiments (especially KC Masterpiece BBQ sauce, yum!)
There are a lot of things that couponers tend to stock up on that I am not as interested in.
  • Frozen junk food - ice cream, pizza bites, popsicles, etc.
  • Junky juice like Hawaiian punch, Sunny D, etc. Things are less juice and more sugar. I would rather stock up on pomegranate cranberry, mango, apple or other 100% juice blends.
  • Full sugar soda. I fell into the trap of getting junky soda this past week because I could but I don't like having it in the house because we all drink too much of it. I will, however, stock up on diet soda! (especially if I can get a good deal on Hansen's)
  • Cookies/Candy. You can get cookies and candy free all the time but who needs that temptation around all the time? Besides my homemade cookies are much tastier.
  • Chips.
  • Bottled water
  • Dried/instant soups (like Yakisobas)
So basically for me it comes down to wanting to stock up on a lot of non-perishables like name brand laundry detergent/softner (total laundry snob), bathroom toiletries,  bathroom utensils (razors, toothbrushes, etc) and household items like batteries, air fresheners, paper products, etc. I think these are things that everyone wants to get cheap and stock up on because they last a long time. And then with food I'd like stock up on cooking staples (baking supplies, canned goods, stocks, pastas, flavorings, etc) and healthy foods/snacks. Even if you can get it free, junky food is not a good deal.

My favorite coupons are for anything fresh, especially if it's organic and dairy coupons. Meat coupons are awesome too! (Most meat coupons are for sausage or other prepacked meats like pork loin). Keep those good coupons comin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment